Update email aliases¶
RITlug eboard members use various email aliases for communication. Most of these emails are used for external communication outside of the RITlug community. This procedure explains how to change or add email aliases and point them to different emails.
Locate alias configuration¶
These instructions explain how to find email alias configuration in the Namecheap interface. Further instructions assume you know how to find these.
After logging in to Namecheap, locate the Domain List. Click the Manage button next to the ritlug.com domain. The domain overview page, shown below, will appear.
Scroll down the page until you see the Redirect Email section. All email aliases are configured in this list.
Change existing alias¶
- Find (or Ctrl+F) for email address to remove
- Replace old email address with new address and press enter
- Refresh the page to manually validate the request (new email should be present)
Add new alias¶
- Scroll towards bottom of Redirect Email section
- Click Add Forwarder
- Enter email address username in first field, enter forwarding address in second field
- Click the checkmark icon to save
The redirect should work in an hour or less.
|||Currently, the domain is owned by Mark Repka. The domain is shared with Christian Martin, Justin W. Flory, and Solomon Rubin on their personal accounts. Eventually, this will change once the domain is migrated to the RITlug Namecheap account.|